- Facebook, NVIDIA, Adobe, Microsoft, Uber, and Accenture are the five best AI companies to work for in 2018 based on Glassdoor Research and % of employees who would recommend this company to a friend as today. These five companies together have 96 open AI positions today or 18.7% of all open AI jobs on Glassdoor.
- The average annual base pay for an AI job listed on Glassdoor is $111,118 per year.
- There are 512 AI jobs on Glassdoor today, with AI Software Engineer, AI Data Scientist, AI Software Development Engineer and AI Research Scientist having a combined total of 118 open positions.
- 67% of all AI jobs listed on Glassdoor are located in San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles and New York City.
These and other many insights are from Glassdoor Research study Who’s Hiring AI Talent in America? by Dr. Andrew Chamberlain, Chief Economist at Glassdoor. Forbes readers most often ask for recommendations regarding the best Artificial Intelligence (AI) companies to work for. The recent study from Glassdoor Research is insightful and serves as a useful framework for readers planning a job move in 2018 into the AI field. Please see the study for a description of the methodology Dr. Chamberlain used for completing this report.
Key takeaways from the study include the following:
- Facebook, NVIDIA, Adobe, Microsoft, Uber, and Accenture are the five best AI companies to work for in 2018 based on Glassdoor Research findings combined with % of employees who would recommend this company to a friend as today. Taken together these five companies have 96 open AI positions as of October 20th or 18.7% of all open AI jobs on Glassdoor as well.
- The average annual base pay for an AI professional is $111,118 per year based on Glassdoor’s research. The study found that the annual salary for AI jobs is roughly bell-shaped with a peak between $100,000 and $120,000 per year. Glassdoor found the lowest-paying jobs have an estimated base pay of between $20,000 and $40,000 per year, while the highest paying AI roles earning an estimated $240,000 to $260,000 per year in base pay. Even without accounting for bonuses and stock-related compensation, the highest-paying AI jobs in the Glassdoor sample rank among the top-earning jobs in America today. The following is the distribution of base pay for open AI jobs on Glassdoor and a comparison of the top paying AI jobs available. The highest paying job is a Director of AI located in San Francisco with a median base salary of approximately $257,269 per year. Please click on the image to expand it for easier viewing.
- There are 512 AI jobs on Glassdoor today, with AI Software Engineer, AI Data Scientist, AI Software Development Engineer and AI Research Scientist having a combined total of 118 open positions. The following table provides an analysis of the leading AI jobs open on Glassdoor today. The study also found the emergence of AI copywriters, who are writing the copy used by AI customer service chatbots and user experience or “UX” designers for AI, who are creative talent tasked with building elegant and easy-to-use AI interfaces for customers.
- 67% of all AI jobs listed on Glassdoor are located in San Jose, San Francisco, Seattle, Los Angeles and New York City. 328 of the 512 open AI jobs as of the October 20th study are on the West Coast. An analysis of AI jobs by location is shown below:
- Tenured professors are being offered 3X their salaries to leave academia and join leading AI companies including Google.Demand for Ph.D-level expertise in AI continues to fuel academic recruiting efforts globally. It’s becoming increasingly common for any of the leading AI companies to sponsor global conferences where the primary goal is to meet leading academicians, patent-producing researchers, and AI experts with Ph.D backgrounds. A recent New York Times article, Tech Giants Are Paying Huge Salaries for Scarce A.I. Talent provides insights into how competitive it is to find AI expertise today including a glimpse into the salary bidding wars that go on for academicians with proven expertise in the field.
- CEOs of AI companies most skilled keeping innovation moving at quick, high-intensity pace that keeps top talent challenged while keeping the core business growing are getting the highest approval ratings. The CEOs of AI companies most approved of by their employees include Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook (98% approval rating); Shantanu Narayen, Adobe (98% approval rating), Dara Khosrowshahi, Uber (97% approval rating), Jen-Hsun Huang, NVIDIA (96% approval rating), Satya Nadella, Microsoft (96% approval rating) and Pierre Nanterme, Accenture (95% approval rating).
- The study found financial services, consulting and government agencies each has open positions for AI engineering and data science professionals. Capital One, Fidelity, and Goldman Sachs are looking for engineers and data scientists to accelerate their financial services AI development. The study found top consulting firms including Booz Allen Hamilton, EY, and McKinsey & Company have open positions as does NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, the U.S. Army, and the Federal Reserve Bank.
Source by:- forbesShare: